March 10, 2008
WELCOME: 50 members; New Members:
Ronna Messier, Franklin; Guest: FCQG Web Master, Scott
SECRETARY'S REPORT: Carol Guyette made a motion to accept;
Gwen Guyette seconded. There was no discussion; motion carried.
TREASURER'S REPORT: Shireen Melton made a motion to accept the January
and February reports; Nancy Orcutt seconded. There was no discussion;
- More quilts are needed for the quilt show! Entry forms
are in meeting packet. Entry forms are due to Phyllis now.
- Quilt Show setup will be on Friday, April 4. Gail Darling's
husband, Ted, will help Scott Perry transport the poles to City Hall.
Someone will be at City Hall at 1:00pm; set-up officially starts at 3:00pm.
Need to have all quilts at City Hall by Friday evening. Be sure
to be at City Hall to pick up your quilt after show is over. Quilts
should be labeled with name of owner.
- Award Ribbons: Jill Boomhover and Catherine Jette took ribbon
kits home to sew.
- Gwen Guyette is collecting Fat Quarters for Basket of FQs prize.
Please bring FQ donations Friday, April 4th.
- Bonnie Evans is compiling list of volunteer jobs for quilt show.
You may receive a call.
- Demonstrations: Lorraine Pike has a list of volunteers.
- There is only one space left for Vendors.
- Raffle Tickets: Beth Jessiman reported only 30% of tickets
are in. Need to get tickets in soon; tickets must be turned in before
the show. Tickets and money may be dropped off at Cowles Quilting or
mailed to Beth Jessiman, 16 Trobridge Road, Bakersfield, VT 05441 A
$25.00 gift certificate will be awarded to member selling most tickets.
Everyone selling 5 packets or more will be entered into special drawing for
pineapple wall-hanging generously donated by Teela Dufresne.
- Silent Auction co-chairs, Diane Forey and Nancy Orcutt, need more
items for silent auction.
- Main Street Window Display: Denise Chase & Bonnie Evans
are still looking for a place. If anyone knows of an available space
please call Bonnie or Denise.
- I-89 Rest Areas & Welcome Center: Sharon Perry will
be decorating the display cases on March 15th.
2009 Charity Quilt: There’s a ballot in mtg packet to
vote for the recipient organization; please vote & put in ballot box.
Nominating Committee will consist of Sharon Perry, Shireen Melton and
Gail Darling. They will be calling you to see what job you want to fill
April Quilting Bee: Quiche Perry will host a bee at Back
Inn Time, 68 Fairfield Street, in St.Albans, on Saturday, April 19th, 9am
- 4pm with a potluck lunch. Parking is available across the street from
the Inn. It is requested you do not park in "school" parking area
as your car may be towed. To register call Quiche at 527-5116.
2009 Raffle Quilt: Denise Chase and Sharon Perry have
volunteered to make the 2009 Raffle Quilt. We’ll still need someone
to make the 2010 Raffle Quilt for the next membership year. There’s
a ballot in mtg packet to vote for the quilt pattern; please vote & put
in ballot box.
WIP CHALLENGE: 94 WIPs completed as of February; Shireen
Melton had completed the most WIPs in February.
- Staples Business Rewards reminder (use phone #868-7178)
- Vermont Shop Hop: Now through March 16th.
- National Quilting Day: March 15th…do something fun!
- "Death by Chocolate" Murder Mystery, April 13th or 20th.
Quiche stated 16 people need to sign up for the "Death by Chocolate" event
in order to hold it.
- Machine Quilters Expo, April 14th - 19th at the Center of New
Hampshire/Radisson Hotel, Manchester, NH.
BOM: Marilyn Jessiman awarded 5 blocks to Linda McNall.
Teela Dufresne submitted BOM pattern for April and May.
PROGRAMS: Shireen Melton informed us that we need to pre-register
for the workshop by Deb Tucker to be held on Friday, May 30th and Saturday,
May 31st. The Friday class will be the "Oakridge Stars;" Saturday class
will be “No Y Carolina Lily.” Need to bring own sewing machine and
supplies. FCQG May meeting will be held on Friday, May 30th,
at the Church of the Rock. Place of Friday workshop to be determined.
DOOR PRIZES: Winners were Quiche Perry, Deb Aylward, Kathy
Rockliss and Joanne Sweet.
SHOW AND TELL: There were many beautiful quilts as usual.
PROGRAM: E-quilting Around the Internet World. Sharon
Perry compiled a list of guild members’ favorite websites and showed us a
sampling of the websites live on the internet. The list is posted at
the FCQG website, www.vtmooses.us/fcqg.html