November 16, 2007
- 44 members present; no new members.
- Guests: Nya, granddaughter of Sally Krupp.
- A beautiful quilt, made by Sally Krupp, was presented to Marcia Dubuque,
Board Secretary for Vermont Food Allergy Organization.
- Thank You to Sally McIntyre for hosting quilting bee; everyone had a
SECRETARY'S REPORT: Teela Dufresne made a motion to accept; Dale
McFeeters seconded. There was no discussion; motion carried.
TREASURER'S REPORT: Shireen Melton made motion to accept; Nancy Orcutt
seconded. There was no discussion; motion carried.
2008 Charity Quilt: Please return your completed blocks by the December
meeting; co-chairs, Denise & Sharon will meet to start putting
together the top.
Breast Cancer Quilts: Alyce Bushey and Ann Jacobs displayed their quilts.
Bonnie gave a quilt to a breast cancer survivor who was overwhelmed by the
guild’s kindness and made a donation of $200.00
Quilting Bees: Volunteers sought for December and January.
Need a place free of charge. Let Sharon know if you want to host a
Charity Quilts: Denise Chase has kits for Laurie's House; some need
quilting, others binding, etc. Alyce Bushey has charity kits also.
WIP or UFO Challenge: Enter your name for each WIP finished.
Running stats will be included in meeting packet each month.
- Staples Business Rewards reminder (use phone #868-7168)
- Ricky Tims' Seminar, Glens Falls, NY, May 1st - 3rd, 2008. Beth
Fancher at Cowles Quilting is organizing group trip. Special rate for
10 at $159.00 each. Beth needs registration forms & checks by 12/20.
- Gator Project created by former guild member, Mary Skelton. The
Gator instructions are included in the meeting packet. Mary has greatly
exceeded her goal and continues to serve this need for our servicemen.
For info, please email Mary at email@example.com.
- Diane Forey and Nancy Orcutt requested items for the Silent Auction.
Suggested maximum size is 30” x 30”.
- Barb O’Toole extends an invitation to Johnson Town Hall Sewing Bee this
weekend. Call Phyllis Fletcher for details.
BOM Raffle Block was won by Linda Howard.
PROGRAM FOR DECEMBER:
December meeting on Dec. 19 starts at 6:00 pm with Holiday Potluck.
Bring a dish to share and one copy of recipe for your dish. After
dinner, we’ll play QUILTO with lots of prizes.
MONTHLY DRAWINGS: The lucky winners were Gisele Nolan, Linda Howard
and Marge Taylor.
CHARITY QUILTS SHOW & TELL: Quilts shown by Marge Taylor, Lorraine
Pike, Linda McNall, Denise Chase and Shireen Melton.
Business meeting lasted 21 minutes!!! You do good work, Sharon.
SHOW AND TELL: Beautiful as always!
PROGRAM: Quilters Treasure Trunk Show and Shopping. Interesting
demonstration and talk on marbling on fabric. Two classes tomorrow
at Church of the Rock; see Shireen Melton to reserve a place.