November 16, 2005 Minutes
President Sharon Perry welcomed 64 members
Our guild history: November 2003, we welcomed Joan Shay for a trunk
show and workshop with her “Applibond Technique”.
Secretary’s Report was approved. Motion to accept was made by Dale
McFeeters; seconded by Agnes Masson. Motion passed.
Treasurer’s Report was read by Deb Dusablon. Motion to accept was
made by Quiche Perry; seconded by Kirsten Kebbel. Motion passed.
* Denise Chase informed us that our Raffle Quilt will be quilted free.
* It was suggested that in the future, we get sealed bids from different
machine quilters and accept the lowest bid.
* The raffle tickets will not be ready until we find out whether we have
a sewing machine as the 2nd place prize. Ann Pitt is working on
* Ann also informed us that to get movers to pick up and return the poles
for the Quilt Show would cost $500-$600. She will look into renting
a U-Haul truck and try to get volunteers to transport the poles.
* We received a letter form Peter Deslaurier informing us that
he may not be mayor again, and therefore possibly not picking the Mayor’s
* Our show will be advertised in the Quilters’ Directory free of
* Joan Jettie showed us the blocks she had completed for the Charity
Quilt. They are beautiful !
* Kits were made available for the various charity quilts.
* Elaine Leduc reported she had received 60 Purple Heart Blocks.
We will get together at some point to put some of the quilts together.
* Deb Halpin & Carol Guyette will secure Christine Uriel for
next fall for a Workshop.
* Nancy Orcutt reported she is still working on adopting a Gulf
* We voted to make the Quilt Journal for our March meeting.
* Cottonwood Quilts will begin vending in December.
* Jenn Dusablon informed us that the “quilting day” would take place
on Nov. 20th from 8:30 to 3:30.
* Sharon announced that several members won ribbons at The Champlain
Valley Quilters’ show.
* Announcements about upcoming events was presented by Sharon Perry.
* Pot Luck and Quilto will begin at 6:00 on December 7th.
* Monthly drawings were won by: Sally Krupp and Betty Morgan
* Raffle blocks were won by: Jen LeTourneau and Janet McCarthy
* Shireen presented us with the next part of the mystery quilt.
* Lots of great Show N Tell.
Meeting adjourned and everyone enjoyed the Quilters’ Garage sale.